Catch us this month before mother's day at the following locations! Two tastings, an event, and one fair. All your mothers day needs.
Your new go-to meat topper. We love this savoury-sweet compote made with our Nan Tout Sòs (passion fruit ginger sauce). Goes well over a nice piece of perfectly seasoned and cooked steak or a nicely grilled chicken breast. Toss into vegetables for a lighter vegetarian option. Full video on our #facebook or #youtube page. #GatherEatlaugh #easyeats
Servings Created: 8 servings - 1 Cup Nan Tout Sòs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups of onion, halved and sliced thin
- fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup Apple cider vinegar
- ½ a cup raisins pressed to fit
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup potable water split into two, ¼ cup and ¾ cup.
1. Heat oil in a large sauté pan.
2. Add onions.
3. Sauté over medium heat.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, 3-4 dashes is good.
5. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, in about 5 minutes onions are golden brown; reduce heat if they are browning too fast.
6. Add ½ of the Nan Tout Sòs to onions, ¼ cup water, stir and cook 1 minute.
7. Add raisins and stir briskly until they start melt into the onions (about 1 minute).
8. Add remaining Nan Tout Sòs.
9. Add vinegar.
10. Add wine and bring to a boil.
11. Add remainder of water.
12. Cook uncovered over medium heat, stirring often, about 5 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates and onions are very tender and dates have virtually boiled into the paste and disappeared.
13. Taste and adjust seasoning.
14. Serve hot or cold as a topper to meats or veggies.
Another crowd favorite as part of our #GatherEatlaugh series. Delicious meals made using our #cookingsauce... Made in #haiti for you to enjoy the Caribbean in your home.
Spicy mango pikliz balls
- 8 oz jar Ay!ti Manman Mango Pikliz - 5 plantains
- 1 lbs shredded and cooked pork
- 1/4 cup plantain flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
-2 cups frying oil
1. Boil Plantains for one hour until soft. Mash plantains in a large pot and add stock.
3. Toss mango pikliz into pork until even distributed.
4. Using the flour, take pork mixture and roll into flattened plantain mash.
5. Fry balls in hot oil until browned and cooked.
Its spicy, delicious, and one of or most popular dishes at our events. Learn how to make our infamous spicy beef mixed with our Ay! ti Manman Mango pikliz. Feel free to switch it up by switching out the beef, for chicken, fish or shredded veggies. Full video and recipe avialble on www.myabel.ht .
No dull salads on our watch! Made from our Nan Tout Sòs (passion fruit, ginger cooking sauce) this salad is easy to make, tasty and delicious! Just mix the ingredients together, give a quick shake and enjoy.
#GatherEatLaugh #EasyEatswithMyaBel #threeweeksofrecipes
A dip, so smooth, so spicy, thick and sweet, the name says it all. Spicy, sweet, thick and smooth, our SSTS dip.
Made from our Mango Pikliz, this is recipe number 5 of 15 of our #gathereatlove series.
A way to use your Ay! Ti Manman Mango pikliz as a dip for items that can’t easily pick up the onions, peppers and mangos slices, e.g. motzarella sticks.
Makes approximately 6 servings
Tools You’ll Need - Large Spoon
- Serving Bowl
Ingredient List - 8 oz jar of of Ay! Ti Manman - ½ purple cabbage
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 4 oz of vinegar
- 1 cored habanero pepper (optional) (keep the seeds if you can handle the heat)
1. Add ingredients into blender, blend until a chunky applesauce like texture
2. Pour into serving bowl and use freely as dip
Next up is a family table favorite, our oven baked barbecue chicken made using Sauce Zansèt. A #tomato #pineapple based sweet and savory sauce it really brings home the flavor. The sweetness is complimented with Haitian clairin (moonshine). Easy to make, kid friendly, and delicious #recipe. Sauce is available for purchase at @bigstarmarket, @belmart_haiti, @caribbeansupermarketsa, @stopngo_supermarket, Extra Market, Tag market and more. .
La troisième recette de la série #GatherEatLaugh. C'est acidulé, épicé, frais et délicieux. Notre ceviche utilise deux de nos sauces de spécialité "Nan tout Sos" et "Ay! Ti Manmanm". Facile à faire avec un peu de planification. Swipe left 👈🏾 for video part II.
Pour 8 personnes
Mélange d’épices pour tremper
- 226g (8oz) de sauce Nan Tout Sòs
- 226g (8oz) de Pikliz Ay! ti Manman Mango
- 120mL de jus de citron vert
- 25g de persil frais haché
- 1 cuillère à café d'origan
- ½ cuillère à café de sel
- ¼ de cuillère à café de poivre
- 900g de filets de tilapia (ou le poisson de votre choix) coupés en morceaux de 5cm
- 1 gros poivron vert, finement tranché (facultatif)
- 1 grosse tomate coupé en dés (facultatif)
- 1 avocat coupé en petits morceaux (facultatif)
1. Mettre tous les ingrédients du mélange d’épices dans un bol puis fouetter
2. Mettre les morceaux de tilapia dans le bol, qui doivent être entièrement recouvert par le mélange d’épices, couvrir le bol et réfrigérer pendant au moins 6 heures. Le jus de citron et les épices font cuire le poisson.
3. Juste avant de servir, ajouter l'avocat, le poivron et la tomate; mélanger doucement (ce n’est pas grave si les morceaux de tilapia se brisent !).
Today, we are bringing you a more savory tomato side alternative to our tropical Italy Meets Haiti Bruschetta featured yesterday. This is more akin to a tangy salsa. If you attended the @respirecafe #popup restaurant than you have already had the opportunity to try this recipe, our Zansèt Tomato Bowl is a crowd pleaser and takes less than 10 minutes to make.
Sauce Zansèt is available for sale at: @bigstarmarket, @stopngo_supermarket, @belmart_haiti, @lakou_lakay, @caribbeansupermarketsa, @ tag market pacot, and more!
The first recipe in our Gather, Eat, Laugh series is a tropical twist on the classic #bruschetta using our Nan Tout Sòs (passion-fruit ginger sauce). Our Italy meets Haiti bruschetta. Easy to make, light, and refreshing...perfect as an appetizer or a side to a summer salad.
Ingredient List - 2 lbs. fresh firm tomatoes (whatever is in season)
- 1/2 fresh onion
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 Long Italian bread or baguette
- 4 oz. of Nan Tout Sòs
1. Dice tomatoes, onions, and garlic try and not squish them in the process add to bowl
2. Cut basil into a chiffonade and add to bowl
3. Add virgin olive oil, Nan Tout Sòs into a mason jar and shake vigorously
4. Add mixture, salt, and ground pepper to a bowl and toss
5. Pop the bowl into the refrigerator covered for at least 30 minutes to get really soaked in flavor
6. Slice bread horizontally thinly enough to bite
7. Toast bread lightly until slightly hard and top with tomato mixture.