Serving Amounts: 8 people
Soak for Fish
- 1 cup Nan Tout Sòs
- 1 cup Ay! ti Manman Mango Pikliz
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs tilapia (or your choice of fish) fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 large tomato, diced (optional)
- 1 avocado, chopped (optional)
1. Place all soak items together in bowl and whisk.
2. Place Tilapia into bowl, make sure mixture covers fish, cover bowl and place in refrigerator for at least 6 hours. The acidity of the lime juice and sauces will cook the fish.
3. When near ready to serve, add optional avocado, bell pepper, and tomato; gently mix to combine. (It’s OK if the tilapia breaks apart.)