Servings 3 people, 2 peppers each
- 1, 8oz Bottle of Sauce Zansèt
- 6 large peppers (yellow, red, or green, your choice)
- 1 lb ground beef (seasoned how you like it)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, diced – about 1 cup
- ½ cup okgra chopped with beef (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (about ½ a bag), separated. I used the Mexican mix
- 1 tbls olive oil
- ¾ cup of water (¼ cup any household water, and ½ cup potable/drinking water)
** Note, if you want to make this dish vegetarian, just triple up on all the veggies and brew with veggie stock to really get a good kick. Throw some carrots in there for a good crunch
1. Cut tops from green peppers; discard seeds and membranes. Also cut as much as the bottom as needed to make it stand without falling over, and also allow it to drain. Keep the tops to chop up and add to our stuffing mix (if you have more than ¼ cup, you can discard, we don’t want to overpower the recipe with pepper taste).
2. Heat up the skillet, then add olive oil. Generally, you want to use low-medium heat during this cook time. This entire meal is about slow cooked flavor infused food.
3. When olive oil is hot, add onion, okra and chopped pepper, add about ¼ cup of water and cover to get the okra a little tender. About 1.5 minutes.
4. Then add meat and cook until browned.
5. Drain off excess fat. Add tomatoes + 1, 8 oz bottle of sauce Zansèt + ½ cup of drinking water.
6. Cover on low heat, and let cook for about 6 minutes.
7. Add most of your cheese mix, but leave some to add as toppers.
8. Stuff peppers with mixture. Sprinkle top with as much cheese as you desire.
9. Place peppers on a deep-ish baking dish. Something like what you’d make a lasagna in.
10. Bake, covered in a 350 F (176 C) degree oven for 30 minutes.
Enjoy with whatever sides you’d like. We did ours with white rice topped with left over Passion Delight & Date Compote!!! If you have left over stuffing mix, pop it in the fridge, it is going to taste amazing tomorrow as a sandwich at lunch.