This soup is inspired by our standard "Soup Joumou" or pumpkin soup that we enjoy every January 1, 2017 in celebration of our independence. This incorporates our Nan Tout Sòs (passion-fruit ginger sauce).
Prep time: 25 mins\ Cooking time: 35 mins. \ Serving: 8
- - 16 Oz. Nan Tout Sòs
- - 1 lb. cubed and seasoned beef
- - 1 ½ cups rigatoni
- - 1 squash, peeled and cut (~ 2 lbs. frozen)
- - 1 small cabbage, leafed and shredded
- - 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- - 1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped
- - 2 large onions sliced
- - 1 turnip, diced
- - 4 cups beef broth
- - 3 carrots, sliced
- - salt, pepper, oregano and other seasoning to taste
- - white vinegar
- - 1 tbsp. olive oil
- - 1 lime
- - 1 tbsp. butter
- Do a basic meat rub down with limes, then season with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- In a large saucepan, simmer the meat in its own juices and ½ cup of water until each piece is very tender. Add water as it evaporates.
- Add the squash. When the squash is cooked, remove, puree and then return to pot.
- Add vegetables, pepper, salt, to taste, cloves and rigatoni. Pour the beef broth by covering everything. Simmer until rigatoni and vegetables or tender.
- Add oil, vinegar and butter. Simmer 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Add Nan Tout Sòs.
- Allow soup to simmer until soup becomes a thick consistency.
- Serve with baguette bread.