You gotta love comfort food, this is a spin on a Philly Cheesesteak, with feta cheese to make it a little bit more “fancy.” A perfect appetizer for dinner parties or as a standard sandwich for yourself.
Servings: 6 large sandwiches, 24 mini sandwich appetizers
- 3 Medium Sized Green Peppers Sliced
- 2 Onion Sliced
- 2 Tomatoes Diced
- 2.5 lbs. of shaved or thinly sliced steak
- Sub rolls, or baguette
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. of Chunk Feta Cheese
- 2 bottles 8 oz. bottles of Ay! Ti Manman Mango Pikliz or one 16 oz. bottle
1. Season and cook beef the way you’d like it, or use this method, drain beef and set aside.
2. Heat oil on large skillet.
3. Sautee sliced onions and peppers.
4. Add meat and toss vigorously with onions and peppers. Cover skillet for 2 minutes to infuse onion and pepper flavor.
5. Add 16 oz. of Ay! ti Manman to skillet.
6. Toss all ingredients together.
7. Toast bread, assemble sandwiches, add tomatoes and feta cheese to the top to balance out the spiciness.