A spin on the classic Bloody Mary using our Sauce Zansèt, tomato, pineapple, moonshine sauce... try it at home, you won't regret it!
16 people as appetizers
- 2 cups onions chopped
- 1 cups pepper chopped
- 1 lbs beef cooked and shredded beef
- 1, 8 oz jar Ay! Ti Manman Mango Pikliz
- 1 hot peppers sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice from 1 juicy limes
1. Add oil and heat up pot
2. Add hot peppers, stir
3. Add peppers
4. Add onions
5. Add meat
6. Add lime
7. Stir and let mix while stirring for 7 minutes on low heat
8. Stir in pikliz
Spice up your chili recipe by substituting whatever you use as tomato sauce with our Sauce Zansèt, or follow our recipe here. Chili freezes great and feeds many people. One big pot is perfect if you have a huge group of people to feed and not a lot of time to baby-sit a meal.
Serving size: 12 bowls of chili
- 1, 16 oz bottle of Sauce Zansèt
- 1 lbs. ground beef seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 cups of chopped onions
- 1 cup of chopped peppers
- 1 cup of fresh diced tomatoes
- ½ cup of okra with the heads chopped off
- 1 cup slightly cooked beans (keep the water from the boiled beans)
- 2 cups of rice
- 3.5 cups water, (use beans water if you have it, otherwise, cooking water is fine)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup of shredded cheese (optional)
1. In one massive pot, heat up the oil until hot.
2. Add onions and peppers and sauté until they are slightly cooked.
3. Add beef, and let sit covered for about 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally until its fully browned.
4. Drain excess fat from beef, if your purchased a very lean cut, then you might not have any.
5. Add okra and rice to meat and turn for about 3 minutes, allowing meat oils to coat the okra and rice.
6. Add Sauce Zansèt and turn mixture.
7. Add beans.
8. Add chicken stock.
9. Bring to a low simmer.
10. Cover pot on low heat for 25 minutes.
11. Check pot and ensure that the excess water is thick and flavorful. That the rice is cooked. Let cook longer if rice is not fully cooked. Add salt and pepper as needed to your liking.
12. Add tomatoes and stir, they are added at the end to ensure that they balance out the savory taste of the chili.
Servings 3 people, 2 peppers each
- 1, 8oz Bottle of Sauce Zansèt
- 6 large peppers (yellow, red, or green, your choice)
- 1 lb ground beef (seasoned how you like it)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, diced – about 1 cup
- ½ cup okgra chopped with beef (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (about ½ a bag), separated. I used the Mexican mix
- 1 tbls olive oil
- ¾ cup of water (¼ cup any household water, and ½ cup potable/drinking water)
** Note, if you want to make this dish vegetarian, just triple up on all the veggies and brew with veggie stock to really get a good kick. Throw some carrots in there for a good crunch
1. Cut tops from green peppers; discard seeds and membranes. Also cut as much as the bottom as needed to make it stand without falling over, and also allow it to drain. Keep the tops to chop up and add to our stuffing mix (if you have more than ¼ cup, you can discard, we don’t want to overpower the recipe with pepper taste).
2. Heat up the skillet, then add olive oil. Generally, you want to use low-medium heat during this cook time. This entire meal is about slow cooked flavor infused food.
3. When olive oil is hot, add onion, okra and chopped pepper, add about ¼ cup of water and cover to get the okra a little tender. About 1.5 minutes.
4. Then add meat and cook until browned.
5. Drain off excess fat. Add tomatoes + 1, 8 oz bottle of sauce Zansèt + ½ cup of drinking water.
6. Cover on low heat, and let cook for about 6 minutes.
7. Add most of your cheese mix, but leave some to add as toppers.
8. Stuff peppers with mixture. Sprinkle top with as much cheese as you desire.
9. Place peppers on a deep-ish baking dish. Something like what you’d make a lasagna in.
10. Bake, covered in a 350 F (176 C) degree oven for 30 minutes.
Enjoy with whatever sides you’d like. We did ours with white rice topped with left over Passion Delight & Date Compote!!! If you have left over stuffing mix, pop it in the fridge, it is going to taste amazing tomorrow as a sandwich at lunch.
Servings Created: 8 servings
Sauces used, Nan Tout Sòs
- 1 8 oz bottle Nan Tout Sòs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups of onion, halved and sliced thin
- fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup Apple cider vinegar
- ½ Cup Almonds (optional)
- ½ a cup dried dates pressed to fit (optional)
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup potable water split into two, ¼ cup and ¾ cup.
1. Heat oil in a large sauté pan.
2. Add onions.
3. Sauté over medium heat.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, 3-4 dashes is good.
5. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, in about 5 minutes onions are golden brown; reduce heat if they are browning too fast.
6. Add ½ of the Nan Tout Sòs to onions, ¼ cup water, stir and cook 1 minute.
7. Add dates (optional) and stir briskly until they start melt into the onions (about 1 minute).
8. Add almonds (optional).
9. Add remaining Nan Tout Sòs.
10. Add vinegar.
11. Add wine and bring to a boil.
12. Add remainder of water.
13. Cook uncovered over medium heat, stirring often, about 5 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates and onions are very tender and dates have virtually boiled into the paste and disappeared.
14. Taste and adjust seasoning. If too sour, add a teaspoon of brown sugar until satisfied.
15. Serve hot or cold as a topper to meats or veggies.
Looking for a kid friendly, fun food? Or something great for groups. Look no further than this fun party dip. Perfect for gatherings, a little heavy for a weekly snack, but great for an occasional snack.
*Please note that all of the content of the moonshine in the sauce burns out, so no need for concern when serving it to children.
Serving: 10-12 hungry kids or 6-8 hungry adults
- 16 oz. Sauce Zansèt
- 1 8 oz. package Mexican cheese (if you can’t find a pre-mix, you can also use, any mix of cheese, we like mozzarella and sharp cheese)
- 2 stick packages of cream cheese
- 1 lbs. of seasoned and cooked ground beef (optional)
1. In an oven-safe dish put one layer of cream cheese, 1-layer option ground beef, 1 layer of Sauce, 1 layer of cheese.
2. Cover with aluminum foil and heat in oven at 350 F for 25 minutes without meat, and 35 minutes with meat.
3. If opting to use a microwave, pop in and heat on high in 2 minute intervals until cheese is completely melted.
Use the recipe for pizza dough, or use your own store bought dough. This recipe essentially calls for the replacement of tomato sauce with Sauce Zansèt
-Makes 3, 12 inch pizzas
- 4.5 Cups Bread Flour (chilled) (for a healthier version, I use 4 cups whole wheat flour and .5 bread flour)
- 1.75 Cups Cold Water
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1.75 tsp salt
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- 3 oz Sauce Zansèt
- 2 tablespoon very small chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped peppers
- 1 Tomato Sliced thinly vertically
- 1 dash oregano
- 2 dashes salt
- 2 dashes pepper
- 1 dash basil
- 1 dash dried parsley
1. Put oven on highest setting
2. Prepare pizza dough for toppings
3. Put 1 dash of salt and pepper directly onto the uncooked pizza dough
4. Put Sauce onto pizza
5. Add onions, peppers, and tomatoes
6. Put a dash of salt, pepper, and dried basil, oregano and parsley
7. Cook for 8-10 minutes until dough is cooked through